Gentoo: My portage overlay
I've my own portage overlay, which you can install using layman utility.
Install layman if you doesn't have it yet:
# emerge layman
Next you should fetch list of available overlays and add my overlay:
# layman -L
# layman -a powerman
To sync my overlay you can either manually run
# layman -S each time you run
# emerge --sync or
you can use eix utility.
Install eix if you doesn't have it yet:
# emerge eix
Configure eix to sync all layman's overlays automatically:
# echo "*" >> /etc/eix-sync.conf
Now you can sync portage, sync layman overlays and update eix database
with single command:
Packages in my overlay
Modified packages from main portage tree
- Added patch to support signin and signoff commands.
- Added patch which block TELNET_IAC support to allow using character with code 255 in file names (required to support Cyrillic file names in Windows CP1251 encoding).
- Added my XCaP patch.
- Version bump. Added /etc/cron.hourly/runit-zombie-fix.sh as workaround for zombie issue.
Updates for packages in main portage tree
- Version bump. bug 204419
- Version bump.
New packages, absent from main portage tree
- Fork of Midnight Commander 4.1.X, with goal to create a stable, well-working, useful console-only version of well-known Midnight Commander, without bugs and garbage, like tk, xv and gnome. (This is app-misc/mc-mp-4.1.40_pre9 ebuild from sunrise, patched to compile with LINGUAS="en ru" - see bug 35032.)
- Unix port of Monkey's Audio codec (for *.ape files).
Init scripts and services for runit
- Replacement for SysV init scripts to use with runit.
- Setup system to use runit services
- Service for net-proxy/3proxy
- Service for sys-power/acpid
- Service for net-dialup/rp-pppoe
- Service for agetty
- Service for www-servers/apache-2
- Service for sys-process/dcron
- Service for net-dns/djbdns
- Service for cleaning runsvdir's title
- Service for sys-libs/gpm
- Catch-all log with most important data from all other logs
- Service for dev-db/mysql
- Process system log on-the-fly, detect events and run actions
- Service for virtual/qmail
- Service for net-mail/qpopper
- Service for net-fs/samba
- Service for app-admin/socklog
- Service for net-misc/openssh
- Service for net-ftp/twoftpd
- Cyrillic fonts for X and console (ISO10646-1, KOI8-R, MICROSOFT-CP1251). More information about these fonts and screenshots available here.
- Contains unknown (but very nice) Cyrillic console font (both for text mode and framebuffer@1280 mode), consoletrans tables for dos/koi/win encodings, keymaps for dos/koi/win (2 variants - one for AltGr eng/rus switching and second for Ctrl+Shift switching).
- Search dictionary located in MySQL database.
- Control email delivery (for .qmail only). Documentation.
- Soft greylisting for qmail. Documentation.
- Enable the use and configuration of special keyboard keys. Documentation.
- Library for fake access to files from external app. Documentation.
- Simple and flexible incremental backup. Documentation.
- A bundle of useful small utilities. Documentation.
- Simple watchdogs for server and service monitoring.
- HTTP proxy with cache-only mode and ability to cache CGI.
- Ease to use wrapper tools for ssh and scp. Documentation.
Internal asdf software
- Prepare full project backup in .lib/tmp/backup.tar.
- Start mysql client using db/user/pass from .lib/.db.
- Generate, distribute and apply patches to project.