writes to standard output the total size of files specified as arguments.
Directories are recursively tallied.
A summary line is produced for each argument
If no filenames are provided,
the command operates on the current directory.
Output sums are rounded up to the nearest 1k unit (1024 bytes).
By default, storage is assumed to be quantised in units of 1024 bytes.
option sets a different
optionally suffixed by
for units of kilobytes;
output is still in 1k units.
accepts the following options:
- Output usage information for all subordinate files,
not just directories.
- Output just the filenames (but see the
option below); implies
- Print only the summary line for each
- Display the last-modified time for each file, not its size;
when used with the
outputs the filename,
modification time (seconds since the epoch),
size (in bytes),
The checksum field is always 0; it is a place-holder for a value computed by another command in a pipeline.
- Display the last-accessed time for each file, not its size.